Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Quiet time on my blog in the past 3 weeks

My time has been spent in the hospital at U.C.S.F. for the past three weeks. Despite my being overwhelmed with treatment schedules and various other medical events, I have managed to continue making  jewelry to keep my hands busy and my mind creative. I miss painting and creating 3-D items for the home but I know that this is just not realistic when living in a hospital room. The jewelry does make me happy and somewhat satisfied and even more so when someone buys on my Etsy Store http://www.etsy.com/shop/estudiomartita?page=1.

This last chemo series is the final long term treatment I will be receiving where I will be staying over 3 weeks at U.C. What a relief. My final chemo series consist of 4, one week stays. After that I will be out of the hospital and taking oral meds. I'm not sure how long this lasts.

This last series has left me very, very tired. I feel very weak and know that my recovery time will take more than a few days. I'm at home now and happy to be here.Doctors at the hospital told me I would have to return in one week for my first of the one week series. It seems so soon to me but I guess I'll have to deal with it.

Did I say I'm very, very tired? I guess I did. I miss my studio and doing my artwork. Time I believe is on my side. I look forward to finishing my hospital stays. I look forward to being in the studio again.

My New Orleans friends Csaba and David have offered their vacation apartment(s) for free whenever I can come to see them. I'm hoping I can do this in the Fall. I so miss New Orleans. I love that town and manage to think about it every day. In my life there has never been a city that has effected me so strongly as New Orleans. I am in love with the city. As I've said so many times before, I hope to have a second home there. From my first visit there in 1988, I fell in love with it then and my love affair has never wavered.

I am hanging on here. The hospital staff at U.C. has been great. I am in great hands. I do however want my life back. I am remaining strong. This last series of chemo was the most difficult with the most side effects. On top of that, I caught a virus, a stomach flu, at the hospital which made my condition even weaker. It was pretty terrible. I was able to weather the chemo plus flu somehow and managed to be discharged at least a week early. I refuse to give in to the hardships I face.

So that is life as I know it on May 25th, 2011. I am in recovery mode and will recover soon.

I will be back, strong and in good health. This I know.


p.s. If you'd like to see some of my jewelry from the month of May, please view here:


No comments:

Post a Comment