www.flickr.com

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Calling on the Spirits to Face the Future - Dia de los Muertos, SOMArts, San Francisco




  • I'm one of forty artists who will be creating an altar installation in honor of those that have passed on as well as using their artistic interpretations on the state of life, living and politics in the present day world.

    My installation, called Healing Embrace, will be in honor of my dad, Jake Rodriguez who's strong presence I felt during my 8 month treatment of Leukemia and who's guidance I feel now in everyday of living.

    Life is a gift and I'm happy to be living it!
    ________________

    OPENING RECEPTION: Friday, October 12, 6–9pm,
    $7–10 sliding scale admission.
    Tickets: http://callingonthespirits.eventbrite.com/

    EXHIBIT DATES & HOURS: October 13–November 10, 2012
    SOMArts 934 Brannan St. (between 8th & 9th)
    Free admission
    Gallery Hours: Tuesday–Friday, 12–7pm,
    Saturday 11am–5pm,
    Sunday, 11am–3pm
    ________________

    Here's more photos from the photo shoot by Rio Yanez
    and some of my work I'll have in the altar.

    from photo shoot for Calling on the Spirits,,,photo by Rio Yanez ,
    model,  Mayra Ramirez
    Enlarged photo of my Dad, Jake Rodriguez
    Spirit Face - made of paper mache and wire 
    - to be hung 
    at back wall of altar

    Spirit Face - made of paper mache and wire - to be hung on
    back wall of altar
    handmade paper flowers w/ gold paint for decoration in altar

    There will be many installations to see, view with diverse and varied looks, interpretations. 

    Hope you can stop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment