www.flickr.com

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Back to hospital - NO! SOMArts Pop-Up Shop (today), YES!

I was supposed to return to the hospital this past Friday for a four day stay. My husband began calling for me on Friday to find out when I should check in. The charge nurse said there was no room available and that there hadn't been one available since Thursday. "Call back on Saturday." Saturday we called and we were told that there would be no rooms available until Monday. Okay. The nurse at U.C. was very apologetic, saying this hadn't happened before.

What to do?

Enjoy two more days at home. In fact I signed up for an open house / pop-up store at SOMArts. My husband Gary was going to work it for me. The big surprise was that I could be there too. I haven't done a show since November and I'm honestly excited about this. Since I haven't been able to get into the studio for painting or working with upcycled items, I'll be showing mostly jewelry - rings, necklaces and earrings. I also created some handmade greeting cards, original watercolor paintings, of calavera burlesque women dressed in various sexy attire. Very fun if I do say so myself.

If by chance you're in the area, here's the details on the SOMArts show:

No comments:

Post a Comment