www.flickr.com

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Chicano Pop-Art - A few new non-jewelry items

~picked up a paint brush for the first time in 8 months & it made me so happy~

After spending months in the hospital, I finally found the time in between hospital visits to pick up a brush. What a relief! Finding my hands a bit wobbly, I was still able to put together two gift items that I felt okay about. If I had felt focused enough during my 8 months of hospitalizations and treatments to paint, I would of. Unable of course to paint in my hospital room, I couldn't seem to find the motivation to paint in between my visits. As my treatment and hospital visits come to an end (2 MORE LEFT!!), I see an end in sight and a new beginning. I can see my studio time coming back to me. One thing I'm absolutely sure about is that I am too restricted when I paint at home. I am too worried about staining the sink with my paints, dropping paint on the hardwood floor or getting paint on the cabinets. I paint in the kitchen and hate the thought of mixing paint with our food or utencils. Am I being too anal? Probably. Possibly. I just have an alternaitve space to work out of and it is coming back to me. Two more visits and Studio 318 is mine again!





2 comments:

  1. Wonderful work, Martha and so glad to read your on the mend. God bless.

    ReplyDelete