www.flickr.com

Thursday, January 12, 2012

GRATITUDE - new mixed media work for January 2012


I've been working for the past three weeks on a new mixed media work I called GRATITUDE. It is a series of designs I interpreted from Indian graphics. I found the swirls and floral designs just lovely and wanted to include them on the canvas. The color choices were influenced by Indian street graphics. The one eye represents vision, sight. I wanted to represent how my view on life and living has become more vibrant with my Leukemia  now in remission.. It feels that I've been given a new sense of color. The "praying hands" represent a sign of thanks as well as the acknowledge that divine forces followed me throughout my illness and carry me through my wellness.

Since my return to health, I have been full of Gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment