www.flickr.com

Saturday, April 5, 2014

New work in Estudio Martita and refreshed again from New Orleans







Took a wonderful trip to New Orleans with my hubby Gary and daughter Gaby. It was a fantastic family affair. Lots of celebrating (no, not of the alcohol type) but more in the form of parades, parades, parades. New Orleans is never at a loss for parades or for that matter holidays: religious or not! So much history there and the locals are wonderfully friendly. For many, many years, 25?, Gary and I have returned and never been disappointed. We were there the next year after Katrina and saw the determination of the people who were so motivated to rebuild. We fell in the love with the city again and its people. Anyway, I could tell so many stories about my adventures there with so many photos but for now, here's two pics of me and my daughter Gaby at the St. Paddy's Day parade in the Garden District and me and husband Gar at Oak Alley Plantation in Vacherie, Louisiana, a somewhat sorrowful visit.  Otherwise, there were good, good times for all of us.

Before and now after my visit, I have been busy painting away in my studio. So many ideas, not enough canvas and not able to paint fast enough to create them all. Thought I would just give a preview of some the latest works I've put together.


Frida, Cactus, Espinas
Black, White and Grey

Black, White and Grey #2
La Sirena


If anyone wants to inquire about any of the paintings you see here or on my Art Span web site: http://artspan.org/artist/martharodriguez, please contact me at: estudiomartita@gmail.com. I am a working artist and love inquiries and love working with you!

I am healthy and still in remission: 3 years, 4 months, 5 days 20 hours, 21 minutes and 56 seconds

all my love...

No comments:

Post a Comment