www.flickr.com

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Photos from Cesar Chavez Festival in San Francisco

Dolores Huerta

muchacha with awesome face painting

Youth Folklorico group

Assemblyman Tom Ammiano and me


What a wonderful day I had at the Crucero Art Bazaar at Galeria de la Raza Studio 24, in San Francisco. Great people, great music, great speeches honoring the legacy of Cesar Chavez. One very special guest was Dolores Huerta. It was Dolores' birthday. She looks fabulous at 80 years old. Her speech was so moving and motivational. I felt so lucky to be there with other San Franciscans, witnessing this legend in her own right.

I took lots of pictures. I'm posting a few here. You can view the Cesar Chavez Festival album on Flickr!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/estudiomartita/sets/72157623708415471/detail/

No comments:

Post a Comment